cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Method to forward CCM 6.X

pwaehner1
Level 1
Level 1

I just took over day to day operation of our phone system. I have an administrative assistant that has multiple shared lines on her phone. She wants those lines to forward to her extension (line 1) after ringing the orignal person and then return to the orignial persons VM if she does not pick up after 2 rings. Essentially 1000 (4 rings) to 1001 (2 rings) back to 1000VM. Should I use a line group? Please provide detailed response as I have never done this. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Phil,

This is also possible if you would like :)

In CCM go to> Feature> Voicemail> Voicemail Profile and create a new Profile called XXXX (whatever name you want) with a Description called "XXXX Group Mailbox" the Voice Mail Box Mask will be 1001> Save

Then via CCM go to the Users Phones> under Directory Number Config for 1000> Voicemail Profile and change to XXXX (created previously in above steps)>Update>Reset

Now when a call routes via the described call flow it will reach the Mailbox @ 1001.

Or in Unity set up Alternate Extensions so that 1001 is an Alternate Extension for 1000 etc. Sharing a Cisco Unity Voice Mail Box between Two or More IP Phones

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone.

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number and click the Save icon.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phil,

This is most possible :)

You will need to check that the following settings under Device> Phone> Directory Number Config are set

For the secondary "shared" lines like 1000

Forward No Answer Internal = 1001

Forward No Answer External = 1001

Phone> Directory Number Config> Call Forward and Pickup Settings

No Answer Ring Duration XX (seconds)

Where XX is the number of seconds the IP Phone will ring before using the Call Forward No Answer setting. For these phones try 12 or 16 seconds.

For the Primary line like 1001

Forward No Answer Internal = xxxx

Forward No Answer External = xxxx

Where xxxx is the Voicemail Pilot #

Phone> Directory Number Config> Call Forward and Pickup Settings

No Answer Ring Duration XX (seconds)

Where XX is the number of seconds the IP Phone will ring before using the Call Forward No Answer setting. For these phones try 8 seconds.

The Voicemail should work by default as almost all VM systems including Unity and Unity Connection use the "originally dialed number" (ext 1000) in your example to route to to proper mailbox.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the quick response.

If the original person called does not have VM can I route to the admins VM?

Example

1000 to 1001 to 1001VM

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

This is also possible if you would like :)

In CCM go to> Feature> Voicemail> Voicemail Profile and create a new Profile called XXXX (whatever name you want) with a Description called "XXXX Group Mailbox" the Voice Mail Box Mask will be 1001> Save

Then via CCM go to the Users Phones> under Directory Number Config for 1000> Voicemail Profile and change to XXXX (created previously in above steps)>Update>Reset

Now when a call routes via the described call flow it will reach the Mailbox @ 1001.

Or in Unity set up Alternate Extensions so that 1001 is an Alternate Extension for 1000 etc. Sharing a Cisco Unity Voice Mail Box between Two or More IP Phones

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone.

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number and click the Save icon.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the detailed responses.

Have a good one.

Phil Waehner

Hey Phil,

You are most welcome my friend! Have a great weekend.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Friends, To add, in the Service parameter there is option to select if we want to send the voice to mail to origical called number, if we select it as true, the voice mail is forwarded to the original called number.

In the ccm admin page

service>service parameter>select the ccm ip>callamanager>Always Use Prime Line for Voice Message*

I hope it will help

Regards

Esa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: