Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 Event Sets - no records

Answered Question
Apr 16th, 2009

Subject pretty much says it all. When I go into DFM -> Notification Services -> Event Sets, there is nothing there for me to select/deselect. No events, descriptions, check boxes, etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 5 months ago

It's the directory into which LMS was installed.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 04/16/2009 - 09:10

Please post the output of the pdshow command. What version of DFM is this?

Joe Clarke Thu, 04/16/2009 - 12:42

Looks like there was an error starting the notification customization thread. Post the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/EPM/EPM.log.

Joe Clarke Thu, 04/16/2009 - 12:52

I think I see the problem. Post a screenshot of your Services Control Panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

Joe Clarke Thu, 04/16/2009 - 13:02

This is what I thought. The service startup types have been changed. This breaks LMS. Set the following services back to Manual start, then reboot:

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

CiscoWorks VisiBroker SmartAgent

CiscoWorks Web Server

CWCS Cmf database engine

dan.worstell Mon, 04/20/2009 - 06:13

Sorry for the delay - I was out Friday. I have set all 6 of these to manual and rebooted, but I still have no records on the event sets screen. Are there any others that should be set to manual?

Joe Clarke Mon, 04/20/2009 - 09:04

The problem looks to be the same, but I need to see EPM debugging. Turn up debug for Event Promulgation Module in addition to the NOS debugging already enabled.

Then restart Daemon Manager, and post the new EPM.log and Tomcat stdout.log.

Joe Clarke Thu, 04/23/2009 - 09:30

I missed this post. There appears to be quite a lot of information missing here. When you enabled debugging, did you only check the Debug box? You need to make sure Warning, Info, and Debug are checked for EPM and NOS.

Second, it doesn't look like you reproduced the issue before capturing the stdout.log. I need to see if the error has changed.

Joe Clarke Fri, 04/24/2009 - 09:20

This looks fine. Assuming you reproduced the problem, I don't see any of the errors I was seeing previously.

If the events are still missing, post the new NOS.log and the NMSROOT/conf/epm/

Joe Clarke Mon, 04/27/2009 - 09:45

This is bad. Did you modify this The last line is commented out, and it cannot be. This line points to the file that contains the event definitions. If you uncomment this line, then restart Daemon Manager, the problem should be resolved.

dan.worstell Mon, 04/27/2009 - 10:39

Modifying would have required me to actually know that file existed! :-) No, I didn't modify it. I un-commented the line, but it is still broken. I noticed there are double back slashes in the path - is it supposed to be like that?

Joe Clarke Mon, 04/27/2009 - 10:43

The double slashes are required. Does C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\conf\adapters\dfmEpmConverter.xml exist? Is C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx your NMSROOT? If not, correct the path, then restart Daemon Manager again.

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Mon, 04/27/2009 - 10:57

It's the directory into which LMS was installed.

dan.worstell Mon, 04/27/2009 - 11:49

Umm...this could part of the issue. It is into the e:\progra~1\cscopx folder rather than the c drive. I changed the to reflect the e: drive instead, rebooted the server for good measure, but still nothing. I'm thinking it's got to have something to do with the different drive letter though. Preference would be to keep it installed on E.

dan.worstell Mon, 04/27/2009 - 11:52

Update - they finally showed up!! I guess it took some time after the last reboot. Thank you very much for your help!

Joe Clarke Mon, 04/27/2009 - 11:53

I strongly suspect you have a bad installation of DFM. If this file was never edited by hand, then DFM installation did not complete properly. At this point, I recommend a reinstallation of DFM (uninstall, then reinstall). This may get tricky since you have already patched LMS. Therefore I recommend you open a TAC service request to have them help you.

This Discussion