cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 Event Sets - no records

dan.worstell
Level 1
Level 1

Subject pretty much says it all. When I go into DFM -> Notification Services -> Event Sets, there is nothing there for me to select/deselect. No events, descriptions, check boxes, etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's the directory into which LMS was installed.

View solution in original post

29 Replies 29

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of the pdshow command. What version of DFM is this?

It's version 2.0.9. I just upgraded to it last week in an effort to resolve this issue. pdshow output attached...

Post the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/NOS/nos.log.

Attached...

This looks fine. Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Attached...

Looks like there was an error starting the notification customization thread. Post the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/EPM/EPM.log.

Attached...

I think I see the problem. Post a screenshot of your Services Control Panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

Attached...

This is what I thought. The service startup types have been changed. This breaks LMS. Set the following services back to Manual start, then reboot:

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

CiscoWorks VisiBroker SmartAgent

CiscoWorks Web Server

CWCS Cmf database engine

Sorry for the delay - I was out Friday. I have set all 6 of these to manual and rebooted, but I still have no records on the event sets screen. Are there any others that should be set to manual?

Post the new pdshow output and EPM.log.and nos.log.

attached...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: