Helpful
Replies

CW LMS

georgeef1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to run a command on 10 different devices and have the output

stored in a way that I can easily access it. Preferably, I would like to have the output

of these commands sent to me in an email either as plain text or in the form of a CSV

file.

The command I would like to run is show port status and/or show int status (depending on

the IOS). I am really only concerned with the column named Status.

Is this possible through CiscoWorks?

Please suggest.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not really. You can use RME's NetShow tool to run the commands, and store the output. However, the output cannot be emailed to you. You will need to view the report, then print or export the report data. The actual command output is stored in a serialized class file, so it is not human readable from the disk.

As an alternative to viewing the report in the GUI, you can use cwcli to see the job results. For example, if you run a Netshow job with ID 1101, you can view the command output with the CLI command:

cwcli netshow jobresults -u USER -p PASS -id 1101

Hi all,

I would like to do something similar. I need to generate a set of show run commands daily for a group of devices, and have the text output stored on a server share.

The "cwcli netshow jobresults" command above works fine in a manual process. It's manual because it requires the job id.

Since I can also execute jobs with the cwcli command, I'd like my script to be able to execute a netshow job and -know- the job ID. Then after waiting the appropriate time for the job to finish, I can do the "cwcli netshow jobresults" command with the -output command to generate the results. Is there a way to automatically obtain the job ID?

Does anyone know how I can do this with LMS 3.1? I don't want to run RANCID because it's open source :-)

Please start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: