AP association and disassociation

Unanswered Question
Apr 16th, 2009

Good morming,

I am receiving messages from my WLC 4402 with the last code version.

the messages are the followings:

Decrypt errors occurred for client 00:15:70:8e:be:0e using WPA key on 802.11b/g interface of AP 00:1f:9e:80:a2:00

where 00:15:70:8e:be:0e is the wireless device and 00:1f:9e:80:a2:00 is the AP.

that is happen in non-common intervals and i am experiencing lost of traffic because that, what could produce that.

thak

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 04/16/2009 - 16:54

Decrypt errors are usually fixed by updating the client drivers to the latest stable version. Now you say that with the last code version.... did you upgrade and now you are having these issues? What version were you on and what did you upgrade to? Are you experiencing this will all clients or specific ones?

ariel.aguirre Thu, 04/16/2009 - 19:24

Yes, i am receiving constantly disassociation and association inmediatly over the same second, I already changed the channel to avoid the overlapping but still i have the same condition.

Leo Laohoo Thu, 04/16/2009 - 20:01

Go to Clients and drill down to each clients. Under Client Properties is a section called Policy Manager State. What is the result here?

When the clients Associate, do they get Authenticated? Again, in the Clients section, you will see if the Clients Assocaite and get Authenticated.

ariel.aguirre Fri, 04/17/2009 - 04:49

I already did what you are telling to me, so the issue is that the associations and disassoiations that i see i am seeing these in the wireless device and these happens very fast in less than a second, so i going to the WLC and check what are you telling to me but i can see that the wireless device is associated and authenticated to the correct AP.

Scott Fella Fri, 04/17/2009 - 05:14

Is this happening will all the clients or certain ones? Did you upgrade your wlc and what code are you running? Di you upgrade the client devices that are affected?

ariel.aguirre Fri, 04/17/2009 - 05:51

Yes, i upgraded the wlc to the code 5.2.178.0 but the problem is present with differents clients before and after of the upgrade.

Scott Fella Fri, 04/17/2009 - 06:09

What code did you have initially.... 5.x code isn't the best in my opinion. Is you issue with all different types of client devices or not. This makes troubleshooting much eaiser. Also did you update the drivers on the devices? What devices do you have and what firmware are on those?

ariel.aguirre Fri, 04/17/2009 - 06:16

The issue is happening with specifics device, are scanners brand symbol model mc9090 with software version 2.5.0.2

Sometimes this scanner is associated and authenticated and sudennly disconnect and appears unauthenticated repeateds times in the same second and inmediatly before in the same second appear associated and authenticated again and can wait for a hour and it happens again once only one message and other times appears until six times back to back.

thanks

Scott Fella Fri, 04/17/2009 - 06:20

Is this during roaming? Try to set the session timeout on the wlan ssid to the max 65535. Also verify that mobility is working between the wlc's if you have more than one. Mping and Eping from one wlc to the other.

Scott Fella Fri, 04/17/2009 - 06:22

Also on the wlan ssid, disable Aironet IE and disable MFP or set it to optional. Do not check DHCP required also on the wlan ssid.

Scott Fella Fri, 04/17/2009 - 06:47

Under the WLAN ssid there I a check box for DHCP required. Make sure this is not checked.

ariel.aguirre Fri, 04/17/2009 - 06:38

Is not during the roaming, the roaming is working fine, it has been happening even stayin under the AP or with the device static in the same position.

Scott Fella Fri, 04/17/2009 - 06:41

Well just make the changes I posted and see if that fixes you issues.

Actions

This Discussion