cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error trying to upgrade to 7.0.2

billyg900
Level 1
Level 1

when I try to upgrade with the cca I get this error.  "cannot retrieve CUE version information"

dont know what to do next

im using cca 1.9.1

can anybody help ?

25 Replies 25

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

open up a command prompt and try...

service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session clear

If that doesn't do it, can you make calls in CUE?  Access VM and AA?

If not, you could try this.

service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 reset

Both commands are from the routers prompt.

steven,  i cant access the vm or AA,

so I ran the reset command, and still no luck

anything else i could try?

Try shutting down the module first.

service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 shutdown
then do the reset command.  let me know how that works for you.

Hello,

I too am having the same error when attempting to upgrade the system. I have tried shutting down and resetting. I am just trying to Factory default this system to allow me to upgrade it to a 16 user system and then set it up for a small business locally. The system says it cannot default because the "Current Factory defaults configuration and software packages on this device are out of sync. Prior to restoring the factory defaults, you must download the newer version of the software package from http://www.cisco.com/go/uc500swpk. To install the newer version of the software package on the device, use Maintenance > Software Upgrade ?> all" However once downloaded the error : Upgrade Settings box comes up and says "Cannot retrieve CUE version information."

I know I have an idea! This thing will fit in the garbage can next to my DESK!

Ok that out of the way. I really could use some help I cannot seem to locate any information about how to get around this problem.

Any assistance would be great.

Jon

Oh I am not upgrading to 7.0.2 but the newer 7.1.0 but the error is the same with either version.

Thanks

Jon,

I am sorry to hear you are having this many issues. Can you please send me the contents of the following file (CCA folder):

..\Cisco Configuration Assistant\startup\startup.properties

We will work with you to resolve this.

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Marcos,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. Attached is the file requested. I am very new to setting one of these up. In fact other then setting this one up as a demo unit a few times we have now sold one. :) Pretty cool system. But much to learn have I. :(

Jon Blomquist

elevate  > To the Next Level
support@elevate.net | go.elevate.net | 509 946-8484 x101
- Show quoted text -

can anyone help me please? i been trying to reset my un500 to factory defaults, but its asking to download http://www.cisco.com/go/uc500swpk. where can i get the software at?

Are you pretty sure it's necessary to ask the same three times in one thread ?

UC520 software packs are available here. Note you need to have valid service contract to be eligible for download.

You may try to call Support center but your chances are not so high as you need to have valid service contract here as well, moreover, UC520 is End-Of-Support/End-Of-Life

can anyone help me please? i been trying to reset my un500 to factory defaults, but its asking to download http://www.cisco.com/go/uc500swpk. where can i get the software at?

You can download the software from https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281163511&flowid=77902&softwareid=282762907&release=8.6(2)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

At the bottom is the software pack.  It is around 450 MB.  

Your link is broken. The correct one is: https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281163511&flowid=77902&softwareid=282762907&release=8.6(2)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

You need to have valid service contract or you are out of luck. I assume you are out of luck because the last date to receive applicable service and support for the product as entitled by active service contracts or by warranty terms and conditions has been September 30, 2016. After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product becomes obsolete. 

Ask a reseller for help.

Thank you Dan,

where can i get a service contract or how can i ask a reseller for help? i just need this software that's all.

As mentioned in previous comment, unless you have service contract already, you are out of luck. Last date to receive applicable service and support for the product as entitled by active service contracts or by warranty terms and conditions has been September 30, 2016. After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product becomes obsolete. 

Although I understand your position ("I just need the software"), no one but Cisco or someone with Cisco's approval can provide software for you (it's matter of copyright laws).

Cisco itself has claimed final end of support, so there's little chance Cisco will help you. But you can try to call support center despite of it. Even if they will refuse to provide you the software, they will tell you who's nearest authorized reseller.

According my experience, it's higher chance that a nearest Cisco authorized reseller will be willing to help you.

Thank you Steve,

its asking me to have a service contract.

where can i get a service contract? i just need this software that's all.

Thank you again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: