cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way to use Unity to record a meeting?

learner2008
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to use Unity to record a meeting? What is the time limit on recording?

These sound stupid questiones. They came up from an end user. The first reponse in my head is No Way. But I would like to find a professional answer from you guys.

We have Unity 5.0 and Exchange server 2007. For second questions, my answer will be "depending on the size of mailbox". Is it right?

Thanks,

Jessica Wang

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

we do offer live record for this

Offering Live Record

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag140e.html#wp1057024

and yes, the recording time does depend on the size of the mailbox

Live record allows subscribers to record conversations while they talk to callers. The recorded conversation is stored as a message in the subscriber mailbox, and the subscriber can review it later or redirect it to another subscriber or group of subscribers. Operators in your organization may find live record particularly useful.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Really?! Thanks so much. Plesae let me take a look.

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cisco Unity does have a Live Record feature. Depending on your customers requirements, this may suite their needs.

Using Live Record Capability with Unity

Version 4.0(5) and Greater

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/LiveRecord405/LiveRecordAppNote.htm

By default the maximum recording time for any message is 20 minues (1,200,000 milliseconds). Some applicaitons have needs to go beyond this limit.

This setting can be adjusted in the Advanced Settings Tool

Conversation - Set maximum recording time

The key to adjust this value can be found at:

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MIU\1.0\Initalization

The key name is "Record Absolute Maximum Length". This value is stored in milliseconds and can go up to one hour (3,600,000 milliseconds)

NOTE: This setting does not affect the max record times of anything other than messages themselves. Greetings, voice names and other recordings are not included in this setting.

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: