cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS/CUPC AD Question

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

Got a customer looking at deploying CUPS/CUPC 7X with CUCM 7X and integrating with AD where all users belong to a single OU. Customer wants to be able to select certain users only to be available/visible in the search directory of CUPC. Question I have is do the users ONLY show up in the directory if they are configured in CUCM with the proper user info? If not, what would be the best way to handle this?

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately there is no way for CUPS to say yes to show this user and no to show that user.

The trick some people use in CUCM LDAP sync is to put a ~ is front of the first name. It seems to then skip that name in the LDAP sync. But since CUPC is actually making an LDAP call into the LDAP server in a certain OU, it may not be possible. The only way is move those users to a different OU so CUPC users can not see them in the directory.

To me, if other people show in the directory it's not a big deal. If they have Exchange, they show in the GAL anyways. If they do not have CUPC configured, it not show their Presence such as meetings, on/off hook. They will be in the directory, but nothing more. (click to call them or click to email, no IM, etc.

The way CUPS handles is that users can block other users from contacting them via IM. Basically setting up restrictions.

Maybe Michael has some more information for you

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

In short, that's impossible.

The search filter was hard-coded in CUPC. You may submit a feature request to a Cisco Account Manager.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Gents, it's not the answer I was hoping for but I do appreciate the response. I'll pass this along to the customer. Many thanks.

Never used CUPC but if CUPC account uses an LDAP account to do a look up, can you use LDAP permissions to deny access to those problem user accounts, resulting in them not being listed? I think you can do it on OUs, not sure about users though.