cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM will not start on 443

Todd Walker
Level 1
Level 1

If I change ASDM to 8443, it starts just fine. Yes, I've read about WebVPN conflicts with 8.0, but I've even tried changing that to 1443. I just upgraded from 7.2(2) to 8.0(4) - worked fine on the first firewall and only this ASDM problem with the second ASA5510 upgrade. How can I find what else may be taking port 443 ?

3 Replies 3

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have any static mappings that use the keyword "interface" that listen on 443? That *could* be causing a problem, but I've never seen it.

Look for something like:

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 443 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.255

If you have that, you're telling the ASA to redirect everything that comes into 443 to an inside host at 192.168.1.1. While that shouldn't give you the error that you're seeing, it could be a problem.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

So far, you've nailed it! I didn't think of this static as a possibility since ASDM on 443 was working in 7.2(2). Will test further...thanks!

My guess is that 7.2(2) worked because it doesn't do any checking/verification and because I hit ASDM only from the Inside interface where the static didn't affect it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card