cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.x CSS Interaction with CUC 7.x Restriction Tables

btmulgrew
Level 4
Level 4

Guys - Can anyone clarify the relationship between the VM Port CSS and the CUC Restriction Tables for Call Handler transfers?

My scenario is:

Call Handler A is set to transfer out to PSTN number when option 1 is selected. My understanding is this will not work until the VM Port has CSS set with the correct PTN to dial this number AND the CUC System Transfer Restriction Table is updated to allow this number. However, this looks to work when CSS is set on VM port and nothing is changed on the restriction table (which should block by default).

Thanks

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

I have to agree with your understanding of this setup. There are some bugs related to the Restriction Tables in UC 7.0 so I would probably refer this to TAC. I know this doesn't sound exactly like your issue but is similar;

CSCsy93975 Bug Details

default system transfer retriction table sometimes not followed

Symptom:

Under some circumstances yet to be determined, changes made to the default system transfer restriction table are not adhered to with outbound transfers.

Conditions:

First discovered in Unity Connection 7.0.1ES38.21020-38

Only happens if you have made customizations to the default system transfer restriction table.

Workaround:

None established at this time.

Further Problem Description:

The appearance of the system default transfer rules table in tbl_RestrictionPattern in this situation still appears to be configured as desired Status

Fixed

Severity

2 - severe

Last Modified

In Last 3 Days

Product

Cisco Unity Connection

Technology

1st Found-In

7.0(1)

Fixed-In

7.0(2)ES10

7.0(2.21009.1)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

I have to agree with your understanding of this setup. There are some bugs related to the Restriction Tables in UC 7.0 so I would probably refer this to TAC. I know this doesn't sound exactly like your issue but is similar;

CSCsy93975 Bug Details

default system transfer retriction table sometimes not followed

Symptom:

Under some circumstances yet to be determined, changes made to the default system transfer restriction table are not adhered to with outbound transfers.

Conditions:

First discovered in Unity Connection 7.0.1ES38.21020-38

Only happens if you have made customizations to the default system transfer restriction table.

Workaround:

None established at this time.

Further Problem Description:

The appearance of the system default transfer rules table in tbl_RestrictionPattern in this situation still appears to be configured as desired Status

Fixed

Severity

2 - severe

Last Modified

In Last 3 Days

Product

Cisco Unity Connection

Technology

1st Found-In

7.0(1)

Fixed-In

7.0(2)ES10

7.0(2.21009.1)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks a lot Rob - this does look very similar. Will keep the CSS on VM Ports restricted to dial only those required numbers as a precaution!.

Thanks again

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: