Helpful
Replies

Barring DID for random users

rohan_sahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hi ,

I have a CUCM version 6.1 with MGCP gateway.

It is the reqirement of the customer that we block 15 random users, having a DID, from recieveing calls directly from PSTN callers.

Whenever someone calls up these DID the call should land at the reception and the receptionist should forward calls to them.

Please let me know how I could design such a functionality.

Thank You,

Rohan Sahi.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rohan,

If this is the Customer requirement, then you probably shouldn't waste a DID number for these 15 users. DID numbers are inherently for "Direct In Dial" and co$t real dollars. If it were me, I would assign these users non-DID extensions (numbers outside of the DID range) and let them have their listed number as the Main Reception #. Save money and DID numbers.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your sugestion.

This was the first thing I told the customer.But they are migrating from some PBX to CUCM and they want the DID to be given to those user.

Even after lots of explanation they wanted it the way I mentioned. They want a DID for the user yet block them from DID facility.

Thank you,

Rohan

You will need to do this using partitions and translation patterns. I don't know your PT and CSS configuration but if you have an isolated partition for incoming calls from your PSTN gateway you can set up a translation pattern for those specific DIDs in that partition and set the Called Party transform Mask to the receptionist's extension.

Those end users would still have the "DID" extensions for calling them internally but anybody calling them from the outside would be redirected to the receptionist.

I typically set up an incoming gateway partition that only the gateway is in and use a translation pattern of xxxx (assuming you are recieving 4 digits from the PSTN) to send all incoming calls to a CSS that only has internal (no other gateways) extensions. This is to prevent hair-pinning from one gateway to another but also allows you to be creative with incoming call routing.

You could also achieve your goal with a more complex PT/CSS solution for just internal phone extensions but the way I described above is fairly simple.

Hope this helps.

Dave

You will need to do this using partitions and translation patterns. I don't know your PT and CSS configuration but if you have an isolated partition for incoming calls from your PSTN gateway you can set up a translation pattern for those specific DIDs in that partition and set the Called Party transform Mask to the receptionist's extension.

Those end users would still have the "DID" extensions for calling them internally but anybody calling them from the outside would be redirected to the receptionist.

I typically set up an incoming gateway partition that only the gateway is in and use a translation pattern of xxxx (assuming you are recieving 4 digits from the PSTN) to send all incoming calls to a CSS that only has internal (no other gateways) extensions. This is to prevent hair-pinning from one gateway to another but also allows you to be creative with incoming call routing.

You could also achieve your goal with a more complex PT/CSS solution for just internal phone extensions but the way I described above is fairly simple.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the solution.

The set up is fresh and I can play with the CSS and PT for the same.

I would try this out as soon as the project kicks off for me.

I have never created a CSS for incoming calls. If you could elaborate a bit more on the process I would be very thankful.

I have only one MGCP Gateway.

Thank you,

Rohan Sahi.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: