cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using a WRV200 to create an IPSEC VPN back to our head office

superspugg
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies if I come across as naive with this question but I have been having some problems with a remote office. At the moment we have a remote office in Paris. The 4 people in the office connect to the Linksys WRV200 for internet access and then use the Windows dial-up VPN client on their PC to connect back to our RRAS server and synchronise emails etc. For some reason the WRV200 doesn't like the multiple VPN connections from the 4 users and constantly drops their VPN links. I have tried updating the firmware on the router as advised by Linksys tech support and it makes no difference. I was wondering if it was possible to set up an IPSEC VPN between the router and our RRAS Server so that our users did not have to dial the VPN on their PC's anymore. Effectively creating a WAN link between the head office and the Paris office over a normal ADSL connection. Would this solve the problem and is it possible with the WRV200? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Steve

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

To configure the IPSec Tunnel in the Linksys WRV200 VPN gateway, you must select 'VPN' and then 'IPSec VPN' tabs.

1. VPN Tunnel': To create a tunnel, select a 'Tunnel Name' from the 'Tunnel Entry' list. If your VPN Client will be behind a NAT device, enable the NAT-Traversal for the tunnel.

2. 'Local Secure Group': select 'Subnet' to access by VPN Client.

3. Configure other parameters and 'Save Settings'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card