cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator vs. IPCC Express

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who has IP Communicator on their PC. When they call into the IPCC Express Queue the call hits the opening gretting and then goes to a fast busy. I also have IP Communicator loaded on my pc and hav no problem calling into the queue. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. In the past if I uninstalled and reinstalled IP Communicator that solved the problem. This time when I tried that the problem remained.

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to IP Communicator > Preferences > Network. Uncheck "Optimize for low bandwidth".

When you have that checked, CIPC would be in G.729 codec. I guess your IPCCX was installed as G.711. Without a hardware transcoder, the call would drop.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I do not have the option under Network for Optimize for low bandwidth.

Using IPC 7.0.1.0

Two things:

1) Check to make sure both phones are configured identically, especially the device and line CSS.

2) What do you mean by "opening greeting"? You should either get audio from the script or not. If it starts playing audio then there isn't a codec problem (assuming the script and prompt files are done right). Is Unity in the call path?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: