cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.1.3108-1 Need Config Help for joining calls

donnaavila
Level 1
Level 1

We have a situation where an Administrative Assistant would like to join a call into her Manager's existing phone call (I suppose she will need to barge). How can this be done without having the Manager touch any of the phone buttons?

Thanks,

Donna

Can this be done?

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can barge but they need to be shared lines to do this

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks javalenc for your response. They are shared lines, however,barging into an active call doesn't work.

Any suggestions on making this work is greatly appreciated.

make sure privacy and barge settings on both phones are properly configured, otherwise it won't work

HTH

java

HTH

java

They are configured properly. It still doesn't work.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Donna,

Just to add a note to the great info from my friend Java.

The Feature that you may be looking for is called "Join Across Lines" this became available in CCM 6.1 :)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1 introduces two new features that help increase collaboration and improve access to coworkers. The first one is the Join Across Lines feature for connecting multiple calls or conferences and the second is a Single Button Barge feature that allows authorized users to enter a call as an additional party by pressing a single key.

Join Across Lines

When the Join Across Lines feature is enabled, users can join calls across different lines that appear on their phone. The feature enables the executive staff and other users to swiftly connect different parties into a conversation.

A further refinement of this feature is a "join-pending" mode. This mode is invoked through a softkey when there is only one joinable call in progress. In join-pending mode, the primary user is prompted to join more calls and may complete the joining process as additional calls come in or are dialed out.

With the Join Across Lines feature, conference chaining is also possible. When two or more calls are already in a conference, users can chain together conference calls that appear on their phones.

Join Across Lines

(SCCP phones only)

Allows users to apply the Join feature to calls that are on multiple phone lines.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7961g_7961g-ge_7941g_7941g-ge/6_1/english/administration/guide/7961usr.html#wpmkr1056426

The Join Across Lines feature allows a user to join calls that are on multiple lines-either on different directory numbers, or on the same directory number but on different partitions. To implement Join by using the Join Across Lines feature, press the Join softkey from an active call; then, press the line button for the call(s) that you want to include in the conference. If more than one call exists on the selected line, a window opens on the phone screen to prompt the user to select the call(s) to be joined. Select the call(s) and press Join to complete the action.

The call that initiates the Join automatically gets included, even if it is not selected. The active call gets included even if not selected. If all the calls in the join represent a basic call, the call that initiated the join represents the primary call. If any call in the join is a conference call (that is, it was in a conference before being joined), that call represents the primary call.

The selected status of the final call after the join depends on the selected status of the primary call before the join. If the primary call was selected, the final call remains selected after the join. This means that if that call is put on hold, shared lines cannot retrieve the call because the call is still selected. If the primary call was not selected, the final call remains unselected after the call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If more than one call in the join is a conference call, conference chaining will occur

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a03dn.html#wpxref10553

This can be set on a per Device level,Device Pool Level or System Wide;

Join Across Lines

From the drop-down list box, enable or disable the Join Across Lines feature for this device or choose Default to use the service parameter setting.

•Off-This setting disables the Join Across Lines feature.

•On-This setting enables the Join Across Lines feature.

•Default-Uses the Join Across Lines setting that is in the service parameter.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b06phone.html

***You would probably want to give the Manager a "Heads-up" before engaging this feature :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

This sounds like what we might be looking for. I will give this a try and let you know.

Thank you!

Donna

OK...Here's the scoop, the scenerio I am trying to re-create is a manager with a call in progress, the assistant wants to barge in with another call and conference it in. When I tried this after making sure the Join Across and CBarge feature are both active, when I hit the line to join, I get a dial tone instead of it connecting to that line (it is a line on my device). I then tried the 2nd line to make sure that it was on a different partition, but no luck there either. I hope this makes sense what I am trying to say here.

Thanks,

Donna

Hey Donna,

I think that you would first have to "Barge" the existing call that the Manager is engaged in. Then try to use the "Join" feature :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob...I will give that a try today and let you know.

I have the two phones configured with CBarge and the join across lines enabled. However, this still doesn't work because when I go to barge into the call it is giving me a dial tone.

Any other suggestions?

Hi Donna,

It sounds like Privacy has been setup (this is a system default setting) on the phone that is on the active call. Do you see the "remote in use" and Call info on the Shared line that you are trying to Barge?

There are some good tips in this guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Privacy was set to off and I can see the "remote in use" on the line that I am able to barge, but not able to join.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: