cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line partitions

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Today, I have a line partition for every location. All locations can call other locations. If I reduced my line partitions to 5. (5 different PRIs) Do you see any issues?

3 Replies 3

michael_todd
Level 1
Level 1

I don't understand your question at all. Technically you could have a single partition (or no partitions) for an entire system and it would "work".

I've seen some partners/customers implement solutions this way where they create line partition for each site without thinking about possible impact/limitations this can have.

I would never recommend this as SIP or JTAPI applications are not partition aware, which means as soon as you start using those apps you'll have issues.

Unless you have a requirement to block siteA users from calling siteB users (never seen anyone wanting to do it), there is no point of creating separate partitions, simply create global partition that all DNs are assigned to.

Typically the reason to do this is to achieve 4 digit dial plan with 4 digit extensions and have a TP that prefixes digits, again the proper way to achieve variable length dial plan is by making the extensions unique (i.e. 8 digits) in global partitions and having site specific TPs that strip the site codes instead of prefixing.

HTH,

Chris

Chris, You hit it on the head. That is why I am reducing it to five partitions instead of one in the event that the last 4 digits are duplicates. and we are not blocking siteA from siteB. I do have two special locations where the public can reach the phones so unless someone logins the phone. The phone lines are in a local calling search space. Thank you! Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: