cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to an activation server through two switches

dustin.coil
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up an activation server for a lab. The activation server is looking out to another server and getting its information that way. Therefore I need to connect over the internet. I want to use ICS on the activation server, so I have put two nic cards in it; one going to the internet, which uses ics, and the other is going to a cisco 4948 switch. If I connect another computer directly to this switch, and set its gateway to the ip address of the activation server I can ping out across the internet to the destination server. However, I have switches like the cisco 2950 also connected directly to this 4948 and there are several computers on these switches. I can ping to the activation server, but i cannot ping to the destination server across the internet. Is there some configuration that I have to do to the 4948 or other ways I can get this access?

Thanks, Dustin

2 Replies 2

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Dustin,

I think it is client related. Can you move one of those working on the 4948 to the C2950 and try?

Regards.

Do you mean move a computer off of the 4948 switch and put it onto the 2950?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card