cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH client not found

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

i want to enable sshv2 in CW LMS 3.0.1,Am giving a path to ssh client in windows start>control panel>java>java>Java applet runtime setting>Java runtime parameters for the ssh client installed in c drive program files in 8.3 naming convention format,i.e(DCMSSH=C:\PROGRA~1\ZOC6\zoc.exe).when i try to do ssh from topology services by right clicking on router it gives me a error ssh clint not found,

Please help me to solve this problem

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\campusmgr.properties file exists. Often times, there is a hidden ".txt" extension on files, so make sure the file is not named campusmgr.properties.txt. Post this file from the server.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I checked the 5.0 User Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/5.0/user/guide/cmugfull.pdf) and it has your syntax WITH THE EXCEPTION of a "-" preceding the "DCMSSH" statement. Have you included that?

"Step 1 Go to the Microsoft Windows desktop and select Start > Settings > Control Panel > Java Plug-in from the Microsoft Windows desktop.

The Java Plug-in Control Panel appears.

Step 2 Click Advanced.

Step 3 Enter the path to an SSH client executable in the Java Runtime Parameters field.

For example, if the ssh executable is located at E:\PROGRA~1\SSHCOM~1\SSHSEC~1\ssh2.exe,

add the following in the Java Runtime Parameter field:-DCMSSH=E:\PROGRA~1\SSHCOM~1\SSHSEC~1\ssh2.exe

(Directory and file names must follow the 8.3 naming format.)

Step 4 Click Apply."

It appears the syntax changed in 5.1 See the Campus Manager 5.1 User Guide. It states:

"Step 1 Create a file named campusmgr.properties.

Step 2 Write the following property in the file:

CMSSH=SSH executable file name

For example,

If you are using Secure Shell:

CMSSH=C:\\Progra~1\\SSHCOM~1\\SSHSEC~1\\ssh2.exe

If you are using Putty:

CMSSH=C:\\PROGRA~1\\putty\\putty.exe

Step 3 Save the file in your home directory.

For example, your home directory can be D:\Documents and Settings\admin."

Note the double backslashes.

(Reference User Guide for Campus Manager Software Release 5.1, found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/5.1/user/guide/CampusHelp.html )

Hi dear,

I tried according to 5.0 user guide just i tried by adding "-" preceeding DCMSSH,according to ur guidance but still it is not,the below solution is for 5.1,

Any alternative.

Thanks

my campus manager is 5.0.1 should i try with 5.1 ssh solution? but it is prompting to specify the client in java runtime parameters in control panel.

Any comments please.

Have you tried running the command line specification from a Windows "Run" prompt? (Winkey > R > C:\PROGRA~1\ZOC6\zoc.exe). If that works, the problem is in CM parsing the variable. If it doesn't, your command line entry is incorrect.

Just a thought....

Hi,

I m not able to execute the

(Winkey > R > C:\PROGRA~1\ZOC6\zoc.exe)

what i understand from this command is start>run>Winkey > R > C:\PROGRA~1\ZOC6\zoc.exe and then press enter it doesnt work,

Can u put some step by step to easy to understand.

Sorry to reply late

Hi friends,

pls have a look on the attachment i had given a path according to 8.3 naming convention,

when i try to do from run C:\PROGRA~1\ZOC6\zoc.exe by 8.3 naming format it open the zoc6 ssh terminal window that means my naming convention r proper than what could b the possible reason that campus manager is not able to find the path in Java control panel.

Pls refer the attachment i have took the print screen for the error.

have anybody face this problem ever before,

waiting for ur replies friends replies will be appreciable.

I do see a SSH bug (CSCsr89218: SSH is not launching from TOPO. SSH flow code has been removed in this release due to jacorb changes.) noted as being fixed in CM 5.1.1. The bug toolkit notes that it was initially reported in 5.1 though, not 5.0.x.

Perhpas Joe Clarke can weigh in regarding the status of this problem in 5.0.x releases. I don't have a system I can test it on.

Hi mklemovitch,

Can i upgrade from campus manger 5.0 to 5.1.1? Do i have to buy any new licence for 5.1.1 because my LMS is new installation just before 2 months back.

appreciate for ur reply.

Awaiting

Thanks a tons

If you have a Software Application Support (SAS) or SASU (SAS plus Upgrades) contract covering your CiscoWorks product, you are eligible to download minor (SAS) or major (SASU) product upgrades.

Check with your account team or the TAC if you are not sure of your eligibility.

Hi,

I don't have SAS OR SAUS

If i upgrade to CM 5.0.4 it will help me.

This task is imp for client

Thanks

Hi Joe,

Waiting for ur reply,give me alternate client is waiting for the task to complete.

You got lucky. I typically don't read threads if someone else has already replied. There's just so much else to do (and I miss some threads as it is).

Campus Manager 5.0.5 has all of the fixes for SSH support in Campus. So you will need to be on LMS 3.0.1 (downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 ), then upgrade to 5.0.5 from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

Then, you need to make sure that a campusmgr.properties file exists on your client in your home directory (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\lambay2000) with contents like the following (assuming this is the path to your SSH client):

CMSSH=C:\\PROGRA~1\\ZOC6\\zoc.exe

Then SSH should work from the Topology Map.

Hi Joe,

i have done according to ur guidance but still the same error,"ssh client configuration missing"

I have created a txt file named campusmgr.properties and specified the ssh client path CMSSH=C:\\PROGRA~1\\PUTTY\\putty.exe i.e (already exist in program files) and saved in administrator profile c:\Documents and Settings\administrator as am logging in windows 2003 server with administrator account for using LMS.

As u look in the error attached it is searching a SSH client in control Panel\JAVA\java runtime parameters.

Also specfied CMSSH=C:\\PROGRA~1\\PUTTY\\putty.exe path in java\java runtime parameters in control panel.

Awaiting for ur reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco