cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRV200 VPN issues

rbwoods99
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a great deal of difficulty with 2 WRV200's maintaining the VPN for more than a couple days.  The 2 routers will sync, the VPN will be up for awhile and then drop for no apparent reason with no attempt ever to reestablish.  Until one of the routers is restarted (sometimes both) the VPN is dead.  During this time the IP addresses, though dynamic, do not change.  Both routers are set to maintain a persistent connection to their respective ISP, neither router ever sees a drop in the actual connection but the VPNs drop.  Even a constant ping between locations doesn't maintain the connection.  I'm a bit frustrated that the .39 firmware (latest and only since June 2008) hasn't been rev'd to fix whatever issue is causing this.  Am I the ONLY person having this issue with WRV200s?  I can attempt to grab logs from them if I get some response back.  I don't suspect a major configuration issue since the VPNs stay up for a while, just not long term.  This is the first time working with Cisco/Linksys Small Biz Routers and unless somebody can help figure this out I may end up going back to the other brands I've had no issues with and sell these to some poor, unsuspecting soul on e-bay.  I've worked with several other brands that NEVER drop the VPN unless the ISP connection is also having issues and even then 90% of the time they reestablish automatically and with no intervention once the connection is back up.

3 Replies 3

ntarazi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This issue could be related to the network configuration. I would recommends  contacting our customer support to help you farther with this issue at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

hhansen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a partner in Norway with alot of issues related to WRV200;

1) Resets it self to factory default

2) The Wireless disconnects now and then

3) Slow and unstable access over the WLAN (ping takes more than a second)

Do we have a new firmware or any suggestions as what can be wrong here?

Standard setup so far - with the issues above, so no advanced features being configured yet.

This could be caused by the wireless clients. If you have the latest firmware on the router, you might want to check if you have the latest wireless driver of the wireless client card.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: