cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client behind PIX515 v6.3(4) to PIX515 v8.0(2)

krisduckworth
Level 4
Level 4

Trying to establish a tunnel with a Cisco VPN client ver 5.0.05.0290 to a remote network running a PIX515 ver 8.0(2) with asdm and the connections are not working properly. The client software is being started on a host that is behind a PIX515 ver 6.3(4) with pdm. The connection can be establish and tunnel set, however there appears to be a conflict on the local host PIX that is preventing any packets from being encrypted and sent to the remote PIX. When I use a host that is outside of this local PIX my connection works and packets are encrypted and decrypted just fine.

That status of my VPN client indicates packets are being encrypted from the local host but nothing is being decrypted. When we review logging on the remote PIX there is no activity except tunnel keep alives. So I am unable to send any packets to the remote PIX or network and I believe the block is happening at the local PIX level or perhaps PIX to PIX exchanges that may be caused by different PIX versions

Has anyone had PIX to PIX problems where their PIX's are running on different code?

1 Reply 1

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

This sounds like a classic configuration issue - check your configs for the correct encrryption access-list.

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card