redial does not work with sip numbers

Unanswered Question
Apr 18th, 2009

cisco 2561XM router

IOS: c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T8.bin

sip trunk registered and working on IOS

several cisco 7940 ip phones

I have a problem with my ip phone system in that the redial button does not work when I dial sip numbers. If I call an internal number the redial works fine, but if I call a sip number and then try redail the section where the phone number displays is blank. This is the same on all the phones on the system.

Attached is a copy of some bits from my running config - maybe someone can see the cause there?

thanks for any help.

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
chadlincoln Tue, 04/28/2009 - 09:37

Can you give more of the running config? My guess off of what you have provided is that the telco is rejecting it probably because of caller-id/authentication. Run a debug ccsip calls of one of the redials and see what the number is going out. Then try to just dial the number without using redial and see how the number goes out, both the calling and called number. Also, do you dial a 9 to get out?

tonyspcrepairs Tue, 04/28/2009 - 09:51

thanks for your response. Since posting the original query I've messed about with the config and now the redial is working. What's embarrassing is I don't know exactly what I did to make it work.

The only thing it might be is an alteration I made under dial-peer voice 2 voip.

I deleted destination-pattern .T and replaced it with destination-pattern ........... (11 dots to represent 11 digits). Since then the redial works.

Actions

This Discussion