cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.0.2 devices are always in learning state

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

My DFM does'nt repond any alerts it is showing only 2 alert's from the time of new installation,the device r always in learning state they r not coming to known state.

LMS Datapurge process and DFMCTMStartup process are always showing me down.

What could be the possible reason for these issue's.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your Cisco.com account must not allow for software downloads. You will need to contact Cisco support to get this sorted out.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are seeing a known problem in DFM 3.0 which is fixed in DFM 3.0.4. You can get DFM 3.0.4 via Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

The DataPurge and DFMCTMStartup process can be down in normal operation. This is not a problem.

do i require to purchase any additional license for DFM 3.0.4 or free update from internet because this is the latest installation before 2 months.

i have heared abt u in forums u r the real expert for LMS can u help me for 1 more question

whenever the logs extend their limit for example:-CVDeviceSelector.log and CSDiscovery.log and dmgtDbg.log to replace them i just create a empty text file and try to paste in log folder,can this b a possible reason for DFM not to work.

I have read maintaining logs in common services user guide to edit the logrot.txt file i have done that but am not sure that what i have done is correct.

Can u send the proper way to maintain the logs or any alternative.

DFM 3.0.4 can be freely downloaded through the Common Services Software Center or from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-dfm provided you have a valid Cisco.com account.

Please start a new thread for your logging questions.

Hi clark

The link u provided me above gives me a error that no currently files available though it ask me username and password it accepted and then gives this information---->(no currently files available )

can u provide me any alternate link to download DFM 3.0.4

Thanks,

Altaf

DFM 3.0.4 can only be downloaded through Common Services Software Center or from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-dfm . I just verified, and this link is working. I see DFM 3.0.4 in the list of available downloads.

hi clark,

I have no Antivirus on my LMS server so am avoiding to go on internet by common services software center,i have attached the print screen.just checked it out.

Appreciate ur followup clark,

Thanks

Your Cisco.com account must not allow for software downloads. You will need to contact Cisco support to get this sorted out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: