Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 Gatekeeper for dummies.

SludnevTN_2
Level 1
Level 1

What I have now:

H.323 voice dial peers towards every branch.

The problem is that we start to grow too quickly.

And I realize that it is difficult to me do manage all these dial peers. Someone said to me that gatekeepers is the solution.

But I do not not where I should start. Please advise. Thank you.

Todays architecture is simple (but branches are growing rapidly):

tel-AVAYA-E1-C3845head(advipserv) - IPSEC - C2811branch(advipserv)-E1-ANYPBX-tel.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GK would only be viable solution for a deployment with H323 devices for calls between those devices, calls from PSTN will still need to be matched by the dial-peers and either sent to the GK or the IP-PBX (I guess Avaya in your case).

So, the GK will not eliminate the necessary configuration (dial-peers) in your scenario.

HTH,

Chris

Calls from PSTN do not go directly to GW, the go to PBX.

Thank you anyway.

I just have read "Understanding gatekeepers". - I think it is not o difficult. But this is theory. Where I can find configuration examples or best practices? Maybe - Configuring IOS gatekeeper?

P.S. May be it is wrong way? And I should better start from Cisco Call Manager Express? At this moment we do not have Cisco IP phone.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: