Views
Helpful
Replies

cm 6 disk space issue

cfajardo1_2
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

was just installing cm6 and it passes the "verifying integrity of the media" but but afterwards it says "error: not enough physical disks (2 out of 4 prese "

i have a dl 380 g4 with 2x72.8 gb.

is this disk not enough?

13 Replies 13

no...this much hard disk is enough...try other options

ive tried using 3 and it behaves the same.

i realize that if i use 4 hard disk, it is okay.

why is that.

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need at least 80 GB to install CM 6.

Which version of CM are you trying to install?

If you find this post interesting please rate it.

Regards

tried putting 2x72.8gb=135gb approximately in a single partion with raid 0 but still having the same problem...

Hi,

you need to need to put two disk of 80GB or more size. When Callmanager setup starts itself configures raid level, you don't need to configure anything related RAID.

Could you try to configure an array of 4 disk (2x72.5=145GB+2x72.5=145GB)?

Regards

4 disk with raid5 is ok from the beginning itself..

-tried removing 1disk after the successful installation with 4 disk and it was still ok..

so it looks like the install script is looking for a 4 disk on an dl380g4..

could anyone confirm this?

Hi,

the CCM setup trying to match your server to a MCX 78xx server (depending memory installed, harddisks installed and processor type there are several MCS different server). An DL380 can be a 7835 or 7845 depending how many harddisk and how many memory have you installed. So if you don't install 2 more harddisks, the CCM installer cannot continue with the installation.

I hope that you have a clearer sight of your problem.

Regards

If this post helps you, please rate it.

but as i said whether 2 0r 3 disk of 72.8 will not succeed..

only if you put 4disk it will pass...

Hi,

because your server model in Cisco terminology is equals a MCS 7845 (4 disks installed out of the box) and CCM setup waits that that your has installed four disk instead of 2 or 3. As I tell you before, if you don't install 4 disks, ccm setup cannot continue, because it is waiting for 4 disks.

Could you tell me your server specs?

If you find this post helpful, please rate it.

Regards

this is what am exactly saying recently

"4 disk with raid5 is ok from the beginning itself..

-tried removing 1disk after the successful installation with 4 disk and it was still ok..

so it looks like the install script is looking for a 4 disk on an dl380g4..

could anyone confirm this? "

Yes, setup is looking for 4 disk. Installation program thinks that your server is the same like this one:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_data_sheet0900aecd801c1300.html

So you need to maintain four disk installed to continue with the installation.

Regards

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

not sure, but maybe your hardware detection sees the server as a MCS7845 instead of a 7835, maybe you have too many CPU's ?

have a look here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_solution_overview09186a0080107d79.html

If hw detect thinks it's a 7845 it wants to see 4 disks to make 2 arrays I believe

you are right..on the OS administration)show)hardware) it shows mcs7845H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: