Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Trap Log Interpretation

engineerangelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Was wondering where I can get interpretation of the trap logs from the WLC. I can't seem to find any guide about it. I found the System Message Guide, but the messages included there aren't the same with the messages from the trap logs.

Here are samples of the trap logs that I want to interpret:

AP 'AP_FOL', MAC: 00:19:a9:79:94:30 disassociated previously due to AP Reset. Last reboot reason: power loss

AP with Base Radio MAC 00:19:a9:79:94:30 and static-ip configured as 172.17.0.53 has fallen back to the working DHCP address 172.17.0.218

Hope you guys can give me the document where these trap logs are explained.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you know if that ap actually loss power or if someone actually reset that ap? It also seems like that the ap didn't use its static address and obtained one from dhcp. This usually happens if the ap is accidentally placed on the wrong subnet, but is isn't as long as the subnet is a /24. What log showed up on the switch and also, is it just this ap?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Well, whenever this happens, we look at the uptime of the AP and the uptime doesn't change. So it means it didn't reset, right? So we were thinking that whenever the AP, whether it be a RAP or a MAP, if it disassociates from the WLC, it generates that log. Could you give me a document that shows the meanings of the trap logs of the WLC if you have one. By the way, the subnet is /23. This usually happens with the MAP. This one (this is a RAP by the way) which i posted, just happened once.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: