Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4503-E SFP compatibility

smailmilak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I found out that the 4503 with Supervisor Engine II-Plus-TS supports the GLC-SC-MM SFP module. The problem is that I can't find it, looks like Cisco is not selling it anymore.

I found only this: GLC-SX-MM=

I the Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html#wp130094)

it says that this SFP is only compatible with 4506 and others, not 4503.

What SFP module could I use on the 4503 and 2960 for Multimode fiber?

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Smail,

usually a = is added to replacement parts or as stand-alone products it should be the same SFP you are looking for

GLC-SX-MM=

1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module for MMF, 850-nm wavelength

About devices: the table should discriminate about the type of supervisors for thr 4500 not the chassis model.

You should be fine.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

The = is not a problem.

The problem is between these two SFPs

One is GLC-SC-MM and the other GLC-SX-MM

the difference is between SC and SX.

And that is that is causing me problems. I have to be sure that I order the right SFP for the Supervisor EngineII-Plus-TS

and 2960 TC-L and 2960 PC-L.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GLC-SC-MM (Gigabit Ethernet SFP, LC connector, SX transceiver) is for the 4500 Series Supervisor Engine II-Plus-TS. Have you tried inserting a GLC-SX-MM in to see if it will work?

Yeah I found it in the Dynamic Configuration Tool, so it is officially supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card