Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CUBE with SIP Trunk

ianwarb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am currently trying to migrate from a CUCME system to a CUCMBE using a SIP trunk for PSTN access. I have been using CUCME for the SIP trunk for some time but am now trying to configure the CUCMBE using a CUBE which I have read is best practise. I have the CUBE configured for switch over which I intend to do in the next couple of days and have configured the a SIP trunk already from the CUCMBE to the CUBE however I am not seeing any output from the show commands to indicate this is working. Is there anything I can test or view on either the CUBE or CUMBE to indicate the SIP trunk is working prior to the PSTN switchover

Thanks

Ian

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ian,

Do you have the option of creating a test route pattern that specifically directs a call to the CUBE?

Regards,

Michael.

I have a DDI range I can use but after testing this the SIP trunk is not coming up so I cannot get to the PSTN. How can I test the CUBE to CUCM element

thanks

Ian

You can make route pattern pointing to CUBE with some prefix and numbers let's say 9.XXX.

Then you can debug voice dialpeer or debug ccsip messages. Then place a test call 9xxx from ip phone and see debugging messages.

Does your SIP trunk to provider has to be registered or unregistered? Can you show your configuration to provider?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: