Helpful
Replies

BAT and primary extension

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

have cucm version 7.0.2.10000-18.

I have ldap sync with AD.

I've imported phones and have been successfull at getting the association of phones to users to work.

I cannot get the primary extension to update.

I have only one instance of this extension in the system and are using the update users tab on bat sheet.

Also, in creating the user template i specified the subscribe calling search space and this is not updating either.

thoughts?

11 Replies 11

hbarrera2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having the same problem also on exact same version of CUCM. I am only having the problem with the primary ext field though.

Everything else is ok though, after I BAT'd all of my users/phones I also tried another BAT with just updating the users and no dice!

I think this may be a bug. I do know that thier is an ES8 out for our version of CUCM, but haven't had a chance yet to confirm this with TAC.

found the fix.

change primary extn field to text and put in format of "xxxx in "

that fixed it for me.

Nice! Can you send me an example of what you did?

Thanks.

here is sample file which is similar to what i uploaded to cucm.

So "6320 in DEVICES-P" you placed under the Primary Ext column...so 6320 is someones ext number and DEVICES-P is the partition?

For instance mine would be:

"81522 in Line1-PT"

That's it.

Kinda weird but whatever works right?

Hope this works for you.

That is weird, the way the db is set up must be incorrect for this table/column, but hey whatever works!

I will try, thanks again!

Cheers.

Working in 12.5 and this fixed it!!  Complete crap this is still a thing....but thank you to the person who figured this out. 

Maybe I’m daft, but I don’t understand what you all think is wrong or odd with this? The reference for a directory number is “DN in PT”, there is nothing odd about this. The combination of DN and PT is what makes this unique in the system. Technically you can have the same number in multiple PTs, but that doesn’t make it the same DN from the perspective of how CUCM operate.

Response Signature

I guess it's slightly strange having two fields DN and Partition concatenated into one CSV field in this way.  Looking back at old BAT files it looks like the format changes over the years as well, it used to be entered without spaces for example "2311821inPT-SNY-WS-Internal"

I am  working in a 9.1 system and had the same issue.  This did fix it though.  CRAZY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: