cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum session count for Optimization on WAAS

joepena2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i've currently two different types of hw in use.

WAE612 an NM-WAE502.

now i want to know the maximum session count for a WAE 512.

On 502 we have a maximum of 500 sessions

On 612 we have a maximum of 6000 sessiones.

could you give me the maximum session count on WAE512?

thx in advance

Dieter

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cstockwe
Level 1
Level 1

Optimized TCP connection capacity for a 512 (1GB) is 750 and for a 512 (2GB) is 1500.

The figure you quote for the 612 is for the 4GB model. With 2GB it is 2000.

View solution in original post

PT traffic does not count against your max optimized session count.

You can also use the redirect-list functionality for WCCP which is basically an extended ACL to deny traffic from being redirected.

Using either method, I usually exclude all real time/management traffic: telnet, ssh, snmp, snmp traps, bgp, etc. You can do your denies by source/dest IP or Port.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cstockwe
Level 1
Level 1

Optimized TCP connection capacity for a 512 (1GB) is 750 and for a 512 (2GB) is 1500.

The figure you quote for the 612 is for the 4GB model. With 2GB it is 2000.

thx for your help

Hmm, so i think it's the best to replace the NM due a WAE512.

however, i've currently the problem, that the TFO session count reaches the maximum a few times per day.

Now the question is:

What is the best way to avoid a TFO session exceed?

Is it O.K. to modify the policy. The Idea is to pass through traffic, which has only a poor benefit of WAAS (such as SAP).

The question here is: Has a pass through on the policy any impact to the TFO counter?

The second idea is to redirect only definded traffic via WCCP? Is there a way to do it in this way?

thanks for your help

PT traffic does not count against your max optimized session count.

You can also use the redirect-list functionality for WCCP which is basically an extended ACL to deny traffic from being redirected.

Using either method, I usually exclude all real time/management traffic: telnet, ssh, snmp, snmp traps, bgp, etc. You can do your denies by source/dest IP or Port.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: