Certification Expiration Options

Unanswered Question
Apr 20th, 2009

All, I have a question, I was wondering if anyone could help me with. I'm coming up on my CCNA expiration in September, and I think I may have a problem. I originally passed the CCNA in 2003, and recertified in 06 by taking the BSCI. Here we are in 09 and I need to take the last 3 tests for CCNP status.

My question is, do both my CCNA and BSCI expire in September, requiring me to retake both exams? Has anyone ever gotten an extension? Even 90 days would be extremely helpful.

Yes I know it seems like procrastination, that's not the case here, so please spare me the speech :)

Thanks in advance!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Collin Clark Mon, 04/20/2009 - 06:56

You only have 1 certification, the CCNA. BSCI is part of the CCNP track and is valid for that track until it is replaced by another test. I have not heard of anyone getting an extension, so I would not count on that.

Hope that helps.

mhurley131 Mon, 04/20/2009 - 15:27

If you take any 642 test (as in another test for the CCNP track) then it will re-certify your BSCI and your CCNA. So you can kill two birds with one stone...re-certify and move foward towards finishing the NP.

Antonio Knox Tue, 04/21/2009 - 11:46

@mhurley131, I don't know about that, the BSCI is not a cert so come September your BSCI that he passed in 2006 will expire. Any other 642-level exam would only save you if you were already CCNP.

I guess what I'm saying is you should take the BSCI to re-up the CCNA (or take the Routing & Switching Composite Exam 642-892) and get you back on track before September. After that, you need to fulfill the remainder of the curriculum done before 2012 when your BSCI expires again. That's how I understand the cert process to work. You can re-cert a CCNP with any 642-level exam. But that's only after you've achieved CCNP certification.

Actions

This Discussion