IPCC Express - Prompt for date and time to enter into database.

Unanswered Question
Apr 20th, 2009

I'm working on a solution for a customer to take calls to schedule appointments. I need the caller to be able to call in and be prompted for an appointment date and time. The date and time from the caller would then be checked against a database and if no conflicting appointments it would then be input into the database.

Has anyone had to do anything like this, or have any hints or similar requests?

The customer is running IPCC express 5.0 standard edition.

Thanks for any help.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lohjintiam Mon, 04/20/2009 - 06:22

hi szavala05,

I've done reading out the appointment date time as well as updating it back into the db. The next step would be doing something similar (i.e. appointment date time will be associated with a doctor and checking it against that doctor's availability) but haven't had the chance to play around with it yet.

Would be easier if you're integrating with an appointment system that already has that db structure.

Thanks!

Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 04/20/2009 - 08:52

The customer will first have to purchase a license upgrade to CCX Premium. The database steps and subsystem are not enabled with the Standard or Enhanced license.

szavala05 Mon, 04/20/2009 - 08:57

Thank you for your response. Glad to get a confirmation on the version requirement.

I actually informed the customer this morning of the need to upgrade. It looks like they're willing to upgrade. I just need to design the script now.

Actions

This Discussion