Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos-Policing Bucket Logic

hclisschennai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to configure Single-rate, Two color Policer. I just confused with the concept. I read as below

"The Bucket gets replinished with tokens based on packet arrival time. If the packet conforms, CB Plicing either forwards, discards or Re-marks the packet, and some tokens are then removed from the bucket. If the packet exceeds, CB Policing either forwards, Discards or Remarks the packet, But no tokens are removed from the Bucket"

Does the above statement means that whenever the traffic rate is higher than the policer rate, does all the packet is discarded or only the excess byte is discarded. For example, if policer rate is 128 KByte and incoming traffic rate is 192 KByte, does the policer discard entire 192 KByte or only excess 64 Kbyte (192 Kbyte-128 KByte)

Can you please clarify this concept.

RBK

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RBK

If the exceed policy is to drop, anything above the conform policy will be dropped, thus per your example - 64KBps will be dropped and 128KBps will be transmitted.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi Edison,

Thanks for your reply. In this scenario where the exceed condition happens, whether the tokens in the Bucket will be removed are will be retained.Cisco document states that "No tokens will be removed". Why is this behaviour.Why the tokens are not removed

RBK

Please provide the link you are referring.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card