cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the * key to signal for outside dialtone?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We have a centralized IPT build with four remote offices. Some of the offices use 9 to dial out and some use 8. It was suggested that we try moving everyone to dialing the* key for outside dialtone. I am just starting to research this and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with using the * key in this way.

If so, please let me know your experience.

Thank you!

Rgds,

Vicky

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We are looking to use this due to differernt PABX, IPT and overlapping DN`s. Any number is ok to use, the only issue is with analogue devcies and the feature codes they use to access them however how many analogue devices does a system have probably just fax`s, maybe common area phones- so the the impact may not be too great

It is not a common to use *, however as stated previously any number is fine to use as long as does not overlap with anything and is dialable from all devices in use.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

That is kind of what concerns me a little, that it is uncommon. I know that we have a lot of end users that type ** plus the end user extension to go straight to someones voicemail box to leave a message. I am wondering if we would have to change that? We are going to do some testing here to check into it further.

Thank you for your input.

Rgds,

Vicky

If you are dialing ** you would not need to change that as that does not overlap with *, however it will brak your secondary dialtone, as normally after pressing off-net access code i.e. * you are presented with it, if you have other patterns that are not set to "provide tone" then CM will not provide it until there is no conflict, which in your example would be after you press *1 for example.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: