cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Interfaces

kardos420
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ASA5510 which should have 4 10/100 ports and a 10/100 management port. I am unable to access or configure e0/3. Is this a limitation of the Base license? Or a limitation of 7.0(8)???

Here is the sh ver... it doesn't make much sense interms of supported VLAN's or VPN peers either.

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 4

Maximum VLANs : 10

Inside Hosts : Unlimited

Failover : Disabled

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

Security Contexts : 0

GTP/GPRS : Disabled

VPN Peers : 50

8 Replies 8

roshan.maskey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Upgrade the software to version 8.0, you can then access e0/3. Also install ASDM 6.x, software 8.0 doesn't support asdm 5.x.

H2H

Roshan

is there any documentation on 7.08 that states e03 is not available... I have other 5510's that have this interface enabled...

Which version is the first one to support all 4 interface?

I have asa708-k8.bin

Hi,

As far as i remember, initially Cisco unlocked e0/3 with security plus license.

But, with experience last month, 3 cisco asa was shipped with software version 7.0 and base license. The cisco asdm cd contains software 8.0 and asdm 6.x after installing and booting using software 8.0, I was able to use interface e0/3.

H2H

Roshan

rperez
Level 1
Level 1

Doesn't anyone have an answer for this? Seems like I am not the only one here.

rperez
Level 1
Level 1

Doesn't anyone have an answer for this? Seems like I am not the only one here.

A Security Plus license will give you access to all interfaces. In addition, running v7.2.3 code at a minimum will make e0/0 and e0/0 10/100/1000 interfaces.

hussain.ratlami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have faced same problem, when i purchased my ASA 5510 it was with 7.0 IOS with 4 int and with only 50 VPN peer license, But when i upgrade my IOS to 8.0-K8 security bundle, I was able to use all 5 intf, with 250 VPN peer, 2 SSL peer, also with an ability to convert 5 intf into a normal intf i.e "No managment-only" command starts working

Regards,

Hussain

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card