cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Interfaces

kardos420
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ASA5510 which should have 4 10/100 ports and a 10/100 management port. I am unable to access or configure e0/3. Is this a limitation of the Base license? Or a limitation of 7.0(8)???

Here is the sh ver... it doesn't make much sense interms of supported VLAN's or VPN peers either.

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 4

Maximum VLANs : 10

Inside Hosts : Unlimited

Failover : Disabled

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

Security Contexts : 0

GTP/GPRS : Disabled

VPN Peers : 50

8 Replies 8

roshan.maskey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Upgrade the software to version 8.0, you can then access e0/3. Also install ASDM 6.x, software 8.0 doesn't support asdm 5.x.

H2H

Roshan

is there any documentation on 7.08 that states e03 is not available... I have other 5510's that have this interface enabled...

Which version is the first one to support all 4 interface?

I have asa708-k8.bin

Hi,

As far as i remember, initially Cisco unlocked e0/3 with security plus license.

But, with experience last month, 3 cisco asa was shipped with software version 7.0 and base license. The cisco asdm cd contains software 8.0 and asdm 6.x after installing and booting using software 8.0, I was able to use interface e0/3.

H2H

Roshan

rperez
Level 1
Level 1

Doesn't anyone have an answer for this? Seems like I am not the only one here.

rperez
Level 1
Level 1

Doesn't anyone have an answer for this? Seems like I am not the only one here.

A Security Plus license will give you access to all interfaces. In addition, running v7.2.3 code at a minimum will make e0/0 and e0/0 10/100/1000 interfaces.

hussain.ratlami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have faced same problem, when i purchased my ASA 5510 it was with 7.0 IOS with 4 int and with only 50 VPN peer license, But when i upgrade my IOS to 8.0-K8 security bundle, I was able to use all 5 intf, with 250 VPN peer, 2 SSL peer, also with an ability to convert 5 intf into a normal intf i.e "No managment-only" command starts working

Regards,

Hussain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card