cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 phone ...CUCM 6.1.1.3108-1 ... Config question

donnaavila
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who needs to have a speaker phone function. While the calls come over the speaker, she can't speak unless she lifts the handset.

I tried using a Plantronics headset but that doesn't work.

Is there something I can configure in CUCM for this device to make the speaker function or the headset work?

Thanks,

Donna

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Donna,

Great work my friend! There are alot of bits and pieces to check when using the 791x with M12 for sure ;-)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Donna,

Sadly the 7911 Series does not have Speakerphone or "built-in" Headset capabilities. There is a Speaker (for on-hook dialing) but no Micrphone :(

Because the 7911G does not have built-in headset capabilities (no headset amplifier or headset button) like the 794x/796x/797x series, the handset must be off hook to connect the audio stream.

For the 7911 you will need to use the setup with the Plantronics M12- Amplifier Kit and chosen headset. For models like the 7911 the M12 has to plug into the Handset Jack and then the Handset Cord plugs into the M12. If you must use the M12 you may need to adjust the Phone/Compatability setting slide (located under door on Left-Hand side of the M12).

http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/plantronics.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9531&p_created=1202876439

If you are going for something like the CS55 or CS70 (Cordless) headset, you will be good to go without the M12 Amplifier

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you. I am sure this will help.

I appreciate your assistance again :-)

Hi again...

I have the M12 adapter with Plantronics headset and for some reason it doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Donna

Hi Donna,

I just set one up on a 7912 to test (sorry no 7911 in the lab :)

Check the following;

Batteries inserted properly

Cords plugged into proper locations

Handset "off hook"

Headset button on M12 engaged (should show Green)

Compatability slider on M12 set to 5

Can you try these and let us know :)

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

After changing out batteries, power supplies, faulty headsets, LOL...It finally works. Thanks for your support!!! Your the best!!!

Hey Donna,

Great work my friend! There are alot of bits and pieces to check when using the 791x with M12 for sure ;-)

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: