cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunck Config

rondebbs1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 mds9506 in the Pas location and two more .5 miles away in the Alt location. PasMds1 has an ISL to AltMds1 using dark fiber. PasMds2 has an ISL to AltMds2. The ISLs are on 2 TE ports on each switch. We have Vsan 101 on TE ports on the Mds1 switches and Vsan 201 for the Mds2 switches. The 101 and 201 vsans go across the ISL and allow the AIX Oracle servers in Alton talk to the DMX4 in Pasteur.

The second TE port on the Mds2 switches is configured wrong. The "allowed VSANS" on the trunck config screen should only allow vsan 201. Currently it allows 1-4096. I will correct this to allow only vsan 201.

What will happen when I make the change to one of the TE ports on PasMds2 and Altmds2? Will all the interfaces log out and then log back in to the switches? Is this safe to do during the day. All production hosts and storage go to two different switches for redundancy.

1 Reply 1

techcrazzy
Level 1
Level 1

when you make any changes at the remote site, it will obviously diturb the traffic. But effect depends on what changes u make..

But as long you dont diturb the VSAN and mode, it must be fine.

FYI: ORACLE got very timeout value. So, downtime is recommended before doing any such changes...

Happy configuration :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: