Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Call Routing/Route Request

aneeshaider
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Fellows:

I am writing an application to interface with Cisco ICM. The requirement is that when the call arrives, ICM asks my application to route the call, my application response back with the agent Id to route the call, then ICM route the call to responded agent.

Please direct me to the documents/references to implement the route request scenario. Can it be done with CTI OS client/lib? Can it be done with TAPI?

Thank you.

11 Replies 11

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Use the Queue to Agent node. You can either be explicit (selecting the agent from a drop-down list) or implicit, providing the agent ID (peripheral number). The latter is what you want. This works just fine. If the agent is not logged in, it will come out the X port and you can send it to a Queue to Skill Group node to get it to another agent.

Regards,

Geoff

Scripting and Media Routing guide, on page# 212, says that we can specify Enterprise Route set to PersonalCallback, which seems that PersonalCallback is our application which will specify the destination, i.e. agent, to route the call.

Can you please explain the term Enterprise route? or any document/guide

Can you please specify how to write our such custom application by using the interfaces of Cisco ICM, to route the call? or any document/guide, I can't find any such capability in Cisco CTI OS

Can you please tell the relationship between TAPI provided by Cisco and Cisco ICM? are they compatible? (any document/guide will be helpfull)

Thank you.

Are you not using ICM script editor to route your calls? It almost sounds like you're building some sort of middleware.

david

Just set up an Enterprise SG and Enterprise RT. Use a SG that you know all agents that you wish to invoke Queue to Agent for are in that SG. When I do this and agents are moved around among the SGs, I create a special SG for all agents and create an Enterprise SG and Enterprise RT using that SG. I do not use the SG to route any normal calls, just for the Queue to Agent functions. This works perfectly.

Just test it out - it's straight forward.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

What is meant by SG? Does RT means route? How can we develop a middleware so that Cisco ICM may query it to get call route destination dynamically? Reference to documents/guide will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Exactly, It is a middle ware.

If you are creating a middleware application, you will probably want to look at using the CISCO ICM Application Gateway Interface (GED-145) to interface ICM. The document detailing this interface is not avaialble on Cisco's public website and needs to be requested through the CCBU.

Thank you :)

I will look into it.

villarealed,

Can you please tell me the link to order the documents as well as SDK to interface the Cisco ICM.

Thank you.

There is no link to order the document. If you have a contact in the Cisco contact center business unit, make the request through them. If you don't have a contact, go through your local cisco account rep and they should be able to get you in contact the the right person.

Thank you. I will look in to it.