Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF: Frame-relay Point-to-Multipoint

jpl861
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to do some lab and I was wondering with the log messages on my frame-relay link. R5, R4, and R2 is connected thru frame-relay with R5 as the hub. R2 and R4 uses physical interface and R5 uses a multipoint subinterface. No direct PVC from R2 to R4. All routes to R5. After configuring OSPF and using "ip ospf network point-to-multipoint, neighbor adjacency went up on both R5 to R2 and R5 to R4. I am wondering why I'm getting log messages on R4 and R2 that their neighbor relationship encountered too many transmission or something like that. I am wondering why their hello messages reach each other. I forgot to check the frame-relay maps if the spokes learned each other from inverse-arp. I'm just renting the racks so there must be a full mesh of DLCI on the frame switch but I don't know.

Should the spokes form adjacency in the first place?

Please help and thanks in advance.

John

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John,

You should've checked the frame-relay dynamic maps, I believe that was the case.

In the future, always issue the no frame inverse-arp command under the frame-relay interface.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card