cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many simultaneous E1's does 2800 family support?

carlosv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm trying to determine if a 2801 with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card can sustain the thoughput for 2 E1's configured for Multilink. The router will be used for Internet traffic without any other services turned on (no QoS, IDS, access-lists, etc.

I've found Cisco documentation with the following recommendations for IMIX traffic AND services turned on:

2801 Up to 1 E1

2811 Up to 2 E1

2821 Up to 4 E1

2851 Up to 6 E1

What would be the maximum number of E1's supported for each model without services?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

4 Replies 4

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately the data sheets just provide generic information. What I'm actually looking for is someone who might share his experience with this scenario.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd80169bd6.html

Q. What is the performance of the Cisco 2800 Series?

A. The Cisco 2800 Series of integrated services routers are designed to deliver multiple concurrent services at wire-speed performance up to multiple T1/E1/xDSL speeds. Chassis performance has been increased up to fivefold, and security and voice performance has been increased up to tenfold. The multiple T1/E1/xDSL value quoted here represents IMIX packet sizes in higher-than-typical Cisco 2800 Series services configurations. In less service-heavy environments, actual WAN throughput will be higher. Table 1 shows recommended performance levels for the Cisco 2800 Series.

Cisco 2800 Series Performance

Platform Recommended Performance with Services Enabled (IMIX traffic)

Cisco 2801 Up to 1 T1/E1/xDSL

Cisco 2811 Up to 2 T1/E1s/xDSL

Cisco 2821 Up to 4 T1/E1s/xDSL

Cisco 2851 Up to 6 T1/E1s/xDSL

I've rated "5" the post above because no contribution given with the will to help and correct in content deserves an "1".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card