cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many simultaneous E1's does 2800 family support?

carlosv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm trying to determine if a 2801 with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card can sustain the thoughput for 2 E1's configured for Multilink. The router will be used for Internet traffic without any other services turned on (no QoS, IDS, access-lists, etc.

I've found Cisco documentation with the following recommendations for IMIX traffic AND services turned on:

2801 Up to 1 E1

2811 Up to 2 E1

2821 Up to 4 E1

2851 Up to 6 E1

What would be the maximum number of E1's supported for each model without services?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

4 Replies 4

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately the data sheets just provide generic information. What I'm actually looking for is someone who might share his experience with this scenario.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd80169bd6.html

Q. What is the performance of the Cisco 2800 Series?

A. The Cisco 2800 Series of integrated services routers are designed to deliver multiple concurrent services at wire-speed performance up to multiple T1/E1/xDSL speeds. Chassis performance has been increased up to fivefold, and security and voice performance has been increased up to tenfold. The multiple T1/E1/xDSL value quoted here represents IMIX packet sizes in higher-than-typical Cisco 2800 Series services configurations. In less service-heavy environments, actual WAN throughput will be higher. Table 1 shows recommended performance levels for the Cisco 2800 Series.

Cisco 2800 Series Performance

Platform Recommended Performance with Services Enabled (IMIX traffic)

Cisco 2801 Up to 1 T1/E1/xDSL

Cisco 2811 Up to 2 T1/E1s/xDSL

Cisco 2821 Up to 4 T1/E1s/xDSL

Cisco 2851 Up to 6 T1/E1s/xDSL

I've rated "5" the post above because no contribution given with the will to help and correct in content deserves an "1".

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card