cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any experience with Windows 2008 NPS and WLC

nathan.a.reeves
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone had success using Windows 2008 NPS with a WLC to authenticate wireless users via RADIUS.

Was finding that I could get machine accounts to authenticate successfully against NPS and get on the wireless networks. If client user accounts attempted to authenticate it would fail.

I moved back to Windows 2003 IAS and things work fine. I was seeing Authenticate-Reject messages on the WLC debug when going against the NPS box but the logging on NPS is abhorrent and wasn't giving me any suggestions on why things were being rejected.

Anyone experienced the same?

4 Replies 4

Geert Reijnders
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nathan,

Did you resolve this issue. I am experiencing the same issue right now.

Thanks for your reply.

Greetz

Geert

Are you trying to authentic just users and not machine? On NPS you can only authenticate one or the other and not both. On ACS you can do both.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We are trying to authenticate just users.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Cliënt ICT Groep

Geert Reijnders

Van: fella5

Verzonden: dinsdag 10 januari 2012 13:33

Aan: Geert Reijnders

Onderwerp: - Re: Any experience with Windows 2008 NPS and WLC

Home<>

Re: Any experience with Windows 2008 NPS and WLC

created by Scott Fella<> in Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects - View the full discussion<>

Okay... So can you post a screen shot of the NPS connection and network policy and also the failed log in the event viewer. Are you able to do machine authentication at least?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card