cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to send messages to phones if web access is disabled?

cook.bull
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we're using CUCM6, I'm able to send messages to a lot of phones. But for security reasons, we have to disable the web access of each phone which means I can not directly create a http connection and post my "message" to these phones, I wonder whether there is an alternative way to send messages even if we disable the web access?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

yes, you can use XSI data push via jtapi

Well, to my understanding, JTAPI push would work only if you are using phone's internal URIs (i.e go to mute, turn on speaker phone, etc.) or you have hard coded the data. You will not be able to use the URLs (i.e push an Execute Object with a URL or use soft keys that point to a URL).

Cisco is supposed to support HTTPS/SSL on the phones which may ease the security concern. I am not sure how far along they are on that.

but you can send i.e. a CiscoIPPhoneText (message), and that is what was asked for

and you should use the superprovider, so you can take control of only those phones where you are sending the message to

Yes, with JTAPI and access disabled, you can do the plain text message without the softkeys pointing to other URLs.

vpreenja
Level 1
Level 1

If you are talking about Phone view, we need to enable webaccess. There is no way to see the messages on the phone if you disable the webaccess..