cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Analysis module problem (TOP URGENT)

sumitsept3
Level 1
Level 1

while generating reports for any particular slots not able to change the port numbers as well as when trying to monitor different ports not able to choose other ports.

Even after rebooting ad re-inserting the ports are not changing to analyze/monitor the traffic.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like a bug had already been filed for this (CSCso56732), and it is fixed in NAM code 3.6(1b).

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you saying that these pull-downs don't contain other values? What version of NAM code are you running?

*Please have a look at the image i have attached in my last post.

Whenever we are trying to add a Report, we are unable to add the ports to the nam for monitoring.

for eg: if we want to monitor the switchport 4/1 in the 4th module, we go to the reports > create > switchports> and are able to select the module, but on the same go Port (sub-module) doesn't change , so we are unable to add it to the reports.

Cisco Network Analysis Module (WS-SVC-NAM-2) 3.6(1a)

Maintenance image version: 2.1(2)

BIOS Version: 4.0-Rel 6.0.9

NAM Daughter Card Micro code version: 1.34.1.28 (NAM

Please advise me with a solution.

(F.Y.I. i have pulled out the NAM from the switch and inserted the same NAM module to our spare switch, there its working fine, and we are able to add reports as well)

I've looked at the screenshot, but it doesn't answer my question. Is it that the pull-downs only have information for module 3? That is, do you not see module 4 in the module list? I would like to see the show techs from the switch and NAM as well.

Hi,

I am able to view all the "switch modules" by scrolling from 1 to 9 of all the modules, but the PORT doesn't changes anymore.

I am attaching herewith show techs from the switch and the NAM.

Please suggest me a solution at the earliest.

Okay, I think I understand. I think this has to do with the port names messing up Javascript. I'm betting the problem port is Gi8/14. This port contains a '\'' character. Can you try changing this port's description, and see if the problem goes away?

Hats off !!

Problem is solved.

I would be really obliged if you could tell me how and where you identified the issue from all of my logs..... This would help me in answering/justifying myself in front of my management.

thanks a lot....

It was more of a hunch than anything I saw in the logs.

then how did you get to know its interface gi8/14, which is creating the issue......

could you pls tell me which part of the logs you found it...

and how could i resolve such issues in future.....

This came from an understanding of the NAM code, Javascript, and looking at your show tech. There was nothing in the logs per se that indicated a problem.

In the future, just make sure not to include single quotes in port names.

It looks like a bug had already been filed for this (CSCso56732), and it is fixed in NAM code 3.6(1b).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco