WS-C2960-24TC-S and GLC-GE-100FX= module-How to configure

Unanswered Question
Apr 21st, 2009
User Badges:

Hi, I am trying to install WS-C2960-24TC-S and GLC-GE-100FX= module,but i am not able to configure it, pls let me know this switch is plug n play or we need to configure it, if we need to configure it pls let me know how to configure.It would be nice if i get a link of it.

Thanks & Regards

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
BHALLARAJIV Tue, 04/21/2009 - 22:32
User Badges:

dear sir

i am having switch catalyst 2960 series Sl and i have attached a fibre optic module GLC-GE-100FX my question is. Is this a plug and play as do not want to use any other feature of the switch except to give fibre optic conectivity through this switch.the modules on both the ends should be same or different modules can work and how do i come to know that it is working as in 2950 a red color lazer light comes when it is powered on but in this no light comes when powered on.

please help

Anush

BHALLARAJIV Wed, 04/22/2009 - 00:28
User Badges:

dear sir

i am having switch catalyst 2960 series Sl and i have attached a fibre optic module GLC-GE-100FX my question is. Is this a plug and play as do not want to use any other feature of the switch except to give fibre optic conectivity through this switch.the modules on both the ends should be same or different modules can work and how do i come to know that it is working as in 2950 a red color lazer light comes when it is powered on but in this no light comes when powered on.

please help

Anush

Giuseppe Larosa Wed, 04/22/2009 - 06:36
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello Anush,

this kind of SFP makes the link a 100 Mbps fiber based link it is a special SFP.

As indicated by Leo you need at least release 12.2(37)EY to have it working

see table 8 of the link provided by Leo

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Leo Laohoo Tue, 04/21/2009 - 14:38
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

What is your IOS version. You need at least 12.2(37)EY.

Go to the link below and look under Table 8 for more information about your switch and SFP compatibility based on IOS requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL632702.html

Hope this helps.

Actions

This Discussion