cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.2.0 - Exclude Devices from Config Collection

jtofflemire
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone figured out how in LMS 3.1 to exclude a group of devices from Configuration Collection (but still get inventory). I have a bunch of routers I have SNMP read access to, but can't pull configs from (CE Routers on MPLS WAN). I just haven't found an effective means to exclude them from Configuration Collection in RME. Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is not possible to exclude devices from system collection or polling jobs. However, you can disable the system collection job, then create an ad hoc Sync Archive job to collection configs from all of the desired devices.

To do this so that the list of devices collected is dynamic, go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive, and click the radio button "Group Selector". Then, select the device groups for which you want configs to be archived. As new devices are added to those groups, they will have their configs automatically collected. Finally, select the other desired options, and schedule the job to run periodically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: