cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving subscriber to different mailbox Unity 5

jbirk
Level 1
Level 1

We just implemented Unified Messaging and our imports are going just fine to get the users up and running. If a user leaves our company and we need to modify the subscriber to point to the replacement user how is this accomplished? The help within unity says to make a change to the alias in AD and it will sink in 30 minutes. What needs to change in AD? Can someone point me to directions for making changes such as this.

3 Replies 3

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

If someone leaves the company, I'd suggest that you delete the Unity subscriber.

If someone new joins the company, I'd suggest you create a new Unity subscriber account for that person.

Leaving wasn't the right word... I work at a school district and people don't get to take their phone number with them if they move to a new school (which happens often). We don't delete the ad users when they move, we move them to different container in active directory. So, when they go to a new school they get a new number and that number used to belong to someone else...

How can I change the user in AD to get the voice mail for their new number in exchange, take off their old number so they no longer get voice mail for it, and what needs to change on the old user so they don't get the voice mail anymore.

Hi -

As Sonia indicated, it is best to:

1. Delete the old user from Unity. If the PBX is CallManager, we also change the voicemail profile to None and remove voicemail coverage from the DN. Hint - we created a vacant number call handler that we forward the old phone number to - callers hear "You have reached a vacant County phone number" etc.

2. Import the AD user into Unity for the new phone number. We also send the user a new welcome note with instructions to re-enroll in voicemail with a default password.

3. Install ViewMail for Outlook on the new user's PC, if you use it.

Note: Unity will not allow you to give two subscribers the same phone extension. So by deleting the old user from Unity, this allows the phone number to be reassigned to someone else.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: