cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I change Wifi IP on WRVS4400Nv2?

jonathand131
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I use a WRVS4400Nv2 router with firmware V1.00.09-ETSI.

I've noticied in the status pages that the router has 2 IP address. The first is associated to the LAN interface and the second to the WLAN interface. I can easily change the IP on LAN interface in the Setup/LAN page but I cab't found a way to change the IP address associated to the WLAN interface ?

If someone has some suggestion, you're welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the WLAN IP comes from the router DHCP server, to change it need to change the router 's LAN IP address

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ntarazi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Need to change your Internet Connection Type in the setup menu to Static IP instead of DHCP

I want to change WLAN IP, not WAN IP.

The WLAN IP is displayed in Status/Wireless LAN page but I can't find where to change it.

the WLAN IP comes from the router DHCP server, to change it need to change the router 's LAN IP address

Thanks for the tips, I've found where it is.

On the Setup/LAN page, the LAN IP can be changed with the "Local IP Address" settings. Below, there is on option called "IP Reserved for Internal Usage". This is in fact the IP used for WLAN interface. I've changed it, saved settings and checked on Status/Wireless LAN page and this is the right settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: