cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you "convert" a CM6.1 Subscriber to a Publisher ?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 servers in a single CM cluster. The second Subscriber is on a different site. In event of a DR scenario, and the primary site being lost(destroyed), I am left with a single Subscriber to continue call processing.

However, in this scenario, I would likely need to make some configuration changes (such as configuring new users, creating translation patterns - maybe changing pickup groups / hunt lists) and I believe this wont be possible with only a Subscriber active.

Is there a way that a Subscriber could be converted into a Publisher to facilitate these changes ? In this event, the original Publisher would be destroyed and would eventually be re-installed on new hardware (as a subscriber if necessary). So this isn't a role change I would look to flick back and forth - it would be a permanent change.

I would like to have this option documented - rather than rely solely on getting new hardware a rebuilding the Publisher from scratch before admin changes could be made, should this situation arise.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is no process, once you install a server as PUB/SUB it stays that way until you rebuild it.

to "convert" SUB into PUB it means reinstall CUCM, choose it's going to be the 1st node and then do a DRS restore from old PUB

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks. I would need to keep the sub in service, so I am thinking I would now build a new pub on new hardware.

If I was running the remaining sub - and got replacement hardware to build a replacement publisher on, could this be added to the cluster (and the live config on the sub being synced to the pub) - or would the pub need to be created from a DRS restore only ?

Could this be a DRS backup taken from the remaining sub, or would it need to have been from the original pub ?

DRS from PUB is necessary, it's not as easy as installing the new server as PUB and that it gets the info from other servers

Replacing a Single Server or Cluster for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/7_0_1/cluster/clstr701.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: