Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify calling number sent for on cluster calls

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi all,

I have a customer who would like on-net calls between IP phones to present a different number (in this case a hunt pilot number) than the DN used to make the outbound call.

For example, Phone A has DN 101, Phone B has DN 102 and phone Z has DN 200. DNs 101 and 102 are members of a Line Group which is accessed using a Hunt Pilot of 100.

Phone A calls phone Z. I would like the calling number seen by phone Z to be 100 rather than 101.

Is this possible???

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, simply use a translation pattern to modify the calling party

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have set up a translation pattern as suggested and placed it in a partition that appears before the one containing the called device DN in the CSS of the calling device.

When I configure the exact number of the called device (e.g. 201) in the translation pattern field and place a call to 201 the translation pattern is matched and the calling device presentation is modified as required.

However if I enter a wildcard in the transaltion pattern field (e.g. 2XX) and place a call to 201 the translation pattern is not matched. Instead the DN assigned to the called phone (201) which is in a partition listed later in the calling phones CSS is used instead.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thats becasue CCM use closest-match.

20X = 10 possible matches

2XX = 100 possible matches

and partition is still able to reach 201

You can remove the partition where 201 resides from css, or configure multiple translation patterns.

Thanks for the response.

I was afraid that this would be the case. I guess I can configure it but it will complicate the dial plan considerably.