cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wrvs4400n - difference between v1 and v2

matt172001
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently in the process of testing small class routers from cisco. I loved the version 1 of the wrvs4400n, I now hear there is a version 2. Unfortunately I don’t know the difference in determining if I am purchasing a version 1 or 2.

Could you tell me what the difference is or direct me to someone who may know?

Also, what is the current firmware on the version II? Does it ship with the latest version 1 firmware?

10 Replies 10

ntarazi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
no different on the software, the v2 has new WiFi  hardware that imporoved the performnce and coverage. V2 firmware is not the same  as V1 firmware
latest ver. of V1 is 1.1.13

Hello, may I ask what the differences are between the WRVS4400N V1.0 and V1.1 revision hardware? I am curious as to what they changed to merit a version change.

Also will the use of QVPN client software be the same for the newest V2.0 model?  Or has it been updated to fix all the old QVPN bugs?

Thank You!

Good inquisitive question.    I myself asked our team recently.

Here is what I learned:

We (Cisco) have no more inventory of V1.   The last manufactured build set are all V2 and thats all we ship now.  This is not to say Distribution is out of V1, as they may still have them in stock.   And in fact, they are still supported and with the following exception, operate the same.

The V2 included

-  a chip change needed to meet the 802.11N standard ( draft 2.0), old chip did not have 802.11n (draft 2.0) support.

-  a change of Power Adapter vendor for the V2 

I am not aware of any bug fixes done in V2 that would not be in V1.

We did update the datasheet to reflect the new changes in V2 ( datasheet is for V2)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9923/ps9931/data_sheet_c78-496737.html

Hi Steve, thanks for replying.  But I was asking if you or someone could tell me (us) what the difference(s) are between the hardware versions V1.0  versus V1.1 ?  not between the v1.0 and v2.0 as you already answered that.  I currently own two hardware v1.1 models that seem to be running fine.  I remember I had all sorts of problems two years or more ago when I bought a hardware v1.0 version and had to return RMA it.  But these v1.1 versions for me seem to be holding up better.

So I wonder what the changes were from hardware version v1.0 to revision v1.1 ?  Was it chip or component changes, heatsinking changes, etc.?

Thank You!

Sorry about that.

I will need a PM to answer this one.   I will look for his help to come and reply.

Again no software difference between  v1 and v1.1, WiFi Module vender was change, but the chipset did not change

Also you can run up to 4 different wireless networks with separate ssids :) the wap4410n also has this option.

I’ve been running mine on a heavy automation system and its flawless.

Yes the WRVS4400N v2 supports multiple SSID, up to 4,  each one can be setup on separate VLAN

Hi, can the 2.0.0.7 firmware be installed onto a V1.1 version of this router? Release-notes does not tell it is not possible...

NO that firmware is for the version 2 for the wrvs4400n, it will not upload to the version 1 or 1.1 routers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: